Legal problems can be very stressful to young people who don’t know how to deal with them. The aim of ASK! is to help young people solve their legal problems. The ASK! service provides free legal advice for young people aged between 14-25 years who are located in NSW.
ASK! CAN HELP WITH A WIDE RANGE OF LEGAL PROBLEMS. THESE ARE A FEW EXAMPLES:
· My friend made lots of STD calls from my phone and now I have a huge bill I can’t pay. What can I do?
· I borrowed my friend’s car and had an accident. Now they’ve sent me a letter telling me I have to pay for all the damage. Do I have to?
· We were just told we’re being evicted. What can we do?
· I was employed on a trial basis but they never paid me. Can I get the money?
· I just got a letter from Centrelink saying that I owe them money. What can I do?
· I’ve been put in foster care but I want to live with my grandma. Can I?
· I’ve been asked to sign a contract and I don’t know what it all means. Can you go through it with me?
· My parents are getting divorced and I’m worried I’ll have to live with my dad. Can they make me?
· My driver’s licence just got cancelled. I need it for work, what can I do?
· This guy on our block keeps hassling and following me. Is there anything I can do?
· My friend got picked up for drugs, now the cops are asking me questions. Do I have to talk to them?
More information about ASK!, including how to make an appointment, can be found at the website www.asklegal.com.au.